Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | Call us on 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2012 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
During this course participants will gain the knowledge and skills required to analyse the issues and address workplace conflicts constructively and ethically. The program uses a combination of theory, small group discussion and case studies. It features hypothetical workplace case studies where participants learn by working together to resolve the situation and getting feedback from peers.
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to ensure that conflicts are handled professionally, respectfully and sensitively.
- Defining conflict vs. disagreement
- The basis of conflict
- Causes of conflict
- How conflict can be positive
The role of values, beliefs and self-awareness
- How our values and beliefs affect how we view things
- The iceberg model
- How emotion can hinder the resolution process
Skills for resolving conflict
- Enhanced communication skills for dealing with conflict situations
- Active listening and questioning techniques
- Differentiating between aggressive, submissive and assertiveness approaches to conflict resolution
- Assertiveness techniques
- Approaches to conflict resolution
- Personal styles of conflict management
- Steps to effective conflict resolution
- Creating win/win solutions
Other conflict resolution options
- Stages of conflict resolution including: Moderation, Arbitration, Litigation
Leading conflict resolution
- Identifying potential conflict situations
- Develop strategies to prevent conflict
- Personalised action plan for moving forward
By the end of this program participants will be able to
- Define conflict
- Understand the basis and drivers of conflict
- Understand how conflict can be positive
- Identify the role of values and beliefs in conflict situations
- Use effective communication techniques to resolve conflict
- Be aware of the assertive communication style
- Understand the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument
- Use problem solving and negotiation techniques to resolve conflict
- Understand the role of a neutral third party in conflict resolution.
This course requires no previous training or experience.