Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2018 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
RTO No; 1918
Mental Health First Aid
Workplaces are realising the impact that mental health problems at work have on their people and productivity. Encouraging early help-seeking is one way to promote a mentally healthy workplace. This is where Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training can help managers, supervisors and individuals.
Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based training course providing your employees with the skills and confidence to have supportive conversations with their co-workers and help guide them to professional help if needed. It has been shown to increase knowledge, build confidence with helping behaviours, and reduces stigma.
Discover the signs and symptoms of common and disabling mental health problems in adults, how to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help, what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and how to provide first aid in a crisis situation. This is an education course, to learn how to give first aid to others, and is not a therapy or support group.
ACCREDITATION: Participants who complete this training are eligible to complete an online Accreditation Assessment in order to receive a Mental Health First Aider Certificate of Accreditation, valid for 3 years.
People, mental health and work
- The importance of mental health
- Workplace studies
Developing mental health problems
- Substance use
Mental health crisis situations - identification and next steps
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Aggressive behaviours
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicide self injury
- Psychotic states
- Effects from alcohol or drug use
- Opening phrases
- Empathy not sympathy
- Beyond just asking 'Are You Ok?'
- Identify professional services and resources available
Keeping self mentally healthy
- Tips and techniques to stay mentally healthy
Putting it all together
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to relevant workplace scenarios
- Understand what mental health first aid is and isn't
- Benefits of improved knowledge of mental health, treament and first aid strategies
- Idenitfy and recognise signs and symptoms of common diabling mental health problems
- Assist an adult who may be experiencing mental health problems
- Identify the type of effective help and assistance required
- Use of practical evidence-based action plan as part of support
Two days: 8:30am to 3:30pm
$600+GST per person
- Experienced facilitator
- Interactive, practical and hands on learning
- Small groups for maximum impact
- Take home resource workbook
- Post course Coach Line
- Post course follow up
- Certificate of Attendance for participants
- Morning & afternoon refreshments
- Delicious cafe lunch
Enjoy Real People, Real Conversations, Real Results