Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2018 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
RTO No; 1918
Coaching Skills for Supervisors and Managers
Build the potential and capability of your team through effective coaching. By learning ways to challenge beliefs and approaches in a safe and effective way, a person being coached can find their own solutions.
The course combines a combination of mindset, strategies and resources including theory and practical application.
- Definitions: what is coaching (vs training vs mentoring)?
- 70:20:10 model of development
- Skills and behaviours of effective coaches
- Roles and responsibilities
A coaching framework
- GROW framework
- Coaching session guidelines
- What questions to ask, and when
- Coaching techniques and approaches
- Building trust and rapport
- Communication toolkit for coaching conversations
- Language skills
Managing change and processes through coaching
- Coaching on the go
- Applying GROW: Team meetings (e.g. whiteboard), 15 minute interventions, one on ones.
- Providing feedback, acknowledgement and feed forward
Putting it into practice
- Action planning
- Define and understand what is coaching and what coaching isn’t
- To recognise specific learning, behaviour and communication styles of staff and how to adapt your coaching
- Learn tried and tested, easy-to-apply methods, frameworks and tips to coach in a variety of situations.
- Understand the skills and behaviours of an effective coach
- Be able to manage change and new processes with staff
- Be able to deliver effective feedback consistently
This course is recommended for Supervisors and Managers
- Experienced facilitator
- Interactive, practical and hands on learning
- Small groups for maximum impact
- Take home resource workbook
- Post course Coach Line
- Post course follow up
- Certificate of Attendance for participants