Cloisters Level 1 863 Hay Street, Perth WA 6000 | 08 9218 9059
Copyright © 2018 ATI-Mirage. All rights reserved.
RTO No; 1918
Safety and Health Representative Training in Perth
Safety and Health Representatives (SHREPs) Course
An elected Occupational Safety and Health Representative (OSH representative) is a vital communication nexus between employees; these representatives aid in upholding work safety and organisational management, while ensuring employees value safe work methods. Their role contains many functions including conducting workplace inspections, assisting in investigations and liaising between employees and management staff.
This Safety and Health Representatives course in Perth is accredited by Worksafe WA and the topics covered are mapped to the units of competency within the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety qualification.
Our Perth course instructors will provide participants with training on how to carry out the important functions and responsibilities of a Safety and Health Representative in the workplace.
Participants of this Perth-based training course will gain a practical understanding of the seven core functions of an Occupational Safety and Health Representative, along with the legal requirements and boundaries pertaining to this role. They will also learn how to carry out the important functions and responsibilities of a Safety and Health Representative in the workplace.
At the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Carry out regular inspections of the workplace;
- Immediately carry out an appropriate investigation of an accident, dangerous occurrence or risk of imminent and serious harm to another person;
- Keep informed on safety and health information provided by the employer;
- Liaise as necessary with Worksafe or Resources Safety and other Government or private bodies;
- Consult and cooperate with the employer on all matters relating to safety and health at work;
- Liaise with employees about matters concerning their safety and health at work and;
- Report to the employer any hazard or any other potential hazard to which a person is exposed to or might be exposed at work
Participants may also elect to undertake assessment for five units of competency which form part of the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety (see below for the list of competencies).
This course requires no previous training or experience.
Any person who has been elected as a Safety and Health Representative.
NOTE: As this course is mandatory for any elected Safety and Health Representative, participants are entitled to take time off to attend this training with pay. Please liaise with your HR Department for confirmation.
ATI-Mirage welcomes attendance from special needs groups. ATI-Mirage will accommodate special needs where practicable in order to assist participants in achieving competency. Participants with Special Needs/Disability are under no obligation to disclose this to ATI-Mirage, unless the person is seeking assistance from ATI-Mirage for access, or with equipment, support and/or special facilities during the training.
5 days of facilitator-led training from 8:30am to 4:00pm.
$950 GST free per person
- Experienced facilitator
- Interactive, practical and hands-on learning
- Comprehensive take-home training and reference manual
- Post-course Coach Line
- Certificate on successful completion
- Morning & afternoon refreshments
- Optional assessment at additional costs
- Post course follow up
On completion of the course, participants will be provided with a Certificate of Participation.
They will also have the opportunity to complete a learning pathway and receive a Statement of Attainment for units completed within the Certificate III in Work Health and Safety. Additional fees will apply for this option. This will be achieved by:
- Completing an enrolment form
- Successfully completing assessments within the Learning Management System (LMS) including knowledge questions and projects
- Being observed demonstrating the necessary skills during activities undertaken during the face to face training.
Please advise us of your intention to complete these units of competency prior to your course as you will be observed during completion of activities during the course and encouraged to gather evidence over the course that you can then submit towards your final assessment.
Associated Units of Competency (Optional)
BSBWHS307 Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace
BSBWHS308 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control processes
BSBWHS309 Contribute effectively to WHS communication and consultation processes
BSBWHS310 Contribute to WHS issue-resolution processes
BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
$180 GST free per person per unit
Enjoy Real People, Real Conversations, Real Results