Virtual Courses: Using MS TEAMS for Simplicity, Security and Success
This is an interactive virtual class, not a webinar.
Our virtual classes require your camera to be kept on throughout the session to be seen and heard and interact as you would during a physical in room experience.
BEFORE THE TRAINING
You will need:
- A fast broadband internet connection
- A headset/earbud with microphone (use a USB connected headset for the best audio experience)
- A webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- A desktop computer or laptop and another screen (if available). A wide screen that can be split or a second screen provides the best experience as you will be working through exercises while participating.
Details of the required hardware are on the bottom of this page.
- The relevant software (such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power BI etc) if you are attending IT courses.
For the best desktop software training experience in our IT courses, we highly recommend using a Windows-based desktop computer or laptop. The virtual IT training sessions at ATI-Mirage are delivered from a Windows desktop computer. For MAC users, the software application features demonstrated by the trainer may not correspond directly or be available to the MAC environment.
We recommend attending a test meeting
- Take 5 minutes to test a MS Teams meeting to familiarise yourself with MS Teams and test your microphone/speakers before joining your training course.
We recommend doing a speed test
- Audio/video calls should be possible with most internet connections
- Please check your speed via https://www.speedtest.net
- Minimum recommended requirement is 2 Mbps or above
Turn off VPN Connection
- If you are using VPN connection we recommend that you turn it off if this is possible. If you are unsure please reach out to your IT dept. Turning it off helps with the connection speed and video quality, and helps you have a better virtual experience.
If you experience technical difficulties or have a question, please call – 08 9218 9059
ON THE DAY OF YOUR TRAINING
- Open your email invitation and follow the directions to your virtual MS Teams classroom.
- Enter the meeting 30 minutes before the start of the course so we can resolve technical issues
- Follow the technology guides below
- Pay attention to the helpful hints
Instructions to Enter the MS Teams Meeting
Join by link
All you need to join a Teams meeting is the link in your email meeting invitation (as per screenshot below).
Select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting in your meeting invite to be taken to a page where you can choose to either join on the web or download the desktop app. If you already have the Teams app, the meeting will open there automatically.
- If you don’t have a Teams account and the organiser has allowed it, you may have the option to enter your name to join the meeting as a guest.
- If you do have a Teams account, select Sign into join with access to the meeting chat and more. Then, depending on the organiser’s settings, you may join the meeting right away or go to the ‘virtual lobby’ where your host or organiser can admit you.
Join from calendar
Select Calendar on the left side of the app to see your meetings. Find the meeting you want, and then select Join.
Or, if someone starts the meeting, you’ll get a notification you can use to join.
- Turn your camera on. Position webcam at eye level to make eye – contact as much as possible
- Mute your mic when you’re not speaking. This prevents noisy feedback.
- Turn off non-essential software that may be using the internet while you are in a Zoom meeting.
- If your internet connection becomes unstable, disable your webcam (stop video) and enable only when you need to speak.
- Choose a quiet and private space to attend your virtual training. Let any other people at home know the time frame you’ll be attending.
- Be ready and log into the waiting room 30 minutes before start time to deal with any tech issues
- Have a pen and paper ready and some refreshments (water tea or coffee)
- Be aware of what it behind you – Check that the background behind you is neutral and free from distracting clutter.
MS Teams – Recommended Processor and RAM Requirements:
Processor: Minimum – Dual Core 1.1 Ghz or faster, 2 core
RAM: 4GB (minimum)
MS Teams – Recommended Graphics Hardware:
Minimum of 128 MB graphics memory