Without an effective strategy for Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) within your business or team, you run the risk of productivity lagging in today’s fast paced work environment. Every organisation must strive to improve its services, products, and internal processes to maximise real value for all stakeholders.
This course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement business improvement systems and processes. Emphasis is on using systems and strategies to actively encourage the team to participate in the process, monitoring and reviewing performance, and identifying opportunities for further ongoing improvements.
- Core Objectives
- Responsiblity vs Blame
Benefits of Continuous Process Improvement
- Understanding organisational objectives and encouraging employees to participate in continuous improvement
- The importance of CPI for products and services, work environment and teamwork and the client experience
Continuous Process Improvement Methodologies
- Understanding the value of different CPI methodologies
- Outlining the frameworks of different CPI mythologies: – Kaizen, Total Quality Management, Lean, Six Sigma, Benchmarking and PDSA.
End to End Continuous Process Improvement
- Step 1: PLAN – Plan a change by examining the customer value, goal-orientation strategy, brainstorming, waste walk, process flow and mapping
- Step 2: DO – Implement the plan using a variety of strategies for quick fixes and bigger challenges
- Step 3: STUDY – Monitor outcomes to test against the plan using dashboards, feedback and quality checking
- Step 4: ACT/ADJUST – Integrate the learning outcomes gathered throughout the process and seek to standardise and make further improvements.
Putting it all together
Leading and Communicating Change
Strategic Planning and Execution
Critical Thinking and Decision Making
Creative Problem Solving