It is essential that Project Managers identify the needs and expectations of the project and communicate them to all stakeholders. Negotiations can include issues from agreeing on contracts to allocation of scarce resources within organisations. Part of that process is likely to include negotiations in formal and/or informal ways.
This half-day programme has been designed as experiential learning using different case studies as the foundation for different negotiation needs and outcomes. It builds on several different scenarios incorporating the complexities of the new knowledge, learning and experiences of the participants.
- Approach for different stakeholder types
- Three styles of negotiation
- Negotiation strategies
- Developing trust and safety
- Demonstrating physical rapport building techniques
- Creating the ‘right’ perception
Communicating with Confidence
- Uncovering their needs and concerns with effective questioning
- Communicating a compelling ‘why’ to gain buy-in and reduce push back.
- Reaching agreement for actions
The Negotiation Meeting
- Planning for the meeting
- Identifying your BATNA (best alternative if it doesn’t go to plan)
- Negotiating to agreement
- Documenting agreement
Putting it all together