Whether you are a potential supervisor or new to supervising staff, this course in Perth will help you to gain the skills and knowledge required to manage your team effectively. Our supervisor training workshop will cover some of the basic principles of supervising, combined with practical information to build expertise to guide your team with confidence.
8:30am to 3:30pm
- What makes an effective supervisor?
- Supervisor as a role model
- Transitioning to the role of supervisor
- Understand the organisation’s goals, mission and vision and how it relates to your role
- Understanding team and individual performance indicators
- Legal compliance and responsibilities
- Extending your network
Communication and setting expectations
- Identifying communication preferences
- Communicating key messages
- Setting the standard – what’s ok, what’s not ok?
- Managing former peers
- Managing up
Motivation; enhance performance
- Principles of motivation
- Creating a motivational work environment
- Identifying options to motivate individuals within your team
Getting the job done
- Developing individuals through delegation – right task, right person, right reasons
- Tracking success and managing performance
- Thinking on your feet and problem solving
- Constructive feedback conversations
Putting it into practice
Enquire about our supervisor training course in Perth by contacting the ATI-Mirage team on 08 9218 9059 or emailing email@example.com.